Tuesday, April 5, 2011

E-portfolio- Standard J

I use technology in my classes almost daily. Many times I will go through a PowerPoint or slide show just to show students artwork. I feel that showing students famous work helps them understand who the artists were and what they could achieve in their own projects. Having something like a Smartboard in the room is a great tool that lets you show images, but also interact with functions also. In my student teaching we played a game with the students where they had to slowly draw a picture and the rest of the students had to guess. We played this game on the whiteboard once and the students had fun, but the next time we played the game it was on the Smartboard and it was definately a hit. Students had fun choosing different colors and brush sizes. The Active Inspire program is sort of like a simpler version of Photoshop with PowerPoint elements thrown in. I really hope that wherever I get a teaching position I will be lucky enough to have a Smartboard or at least some sort of projector so I can give my students visuals to help them increase their understanding. I also hope I get the chance to teach a design or digital photography class in my teaching career because I love working with Photoshop. I know some students are already learning the program on their own at home so adding new elements and showing students all of the tools available to them on the program can really help them find new ways to express their concepts/ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment