Monday, April 11, 2011

Teaching Support

My first year teaching will probably be one of the most stressful times in my life. Getting accustomed to a new school as well as a new town will be quite an adjustment, so having people I can turn to when I have questions would be a great asset to my first year as a teacher. After I talked to a school district from Nebraska I began to hear that many schools offer a mentoring program for new teachers in their district. Being placed with a more experienced teacher who knows the in's and out's of the school will really help me feel more comfortable and relaxed. Knowing there is someone who cares about the entire school community and the success of the teachers within that school, can relieve some of the pressure new teachers might experience. I hope that I will be able to form good working relationships with all of the teachers within my school and I also hope that my principle will also be availible if I need assistance or advice. Learning from all of the staff within my school will help me to understand what my students experience around other parts of the school, so making connections with other teachers will help me understand more about my students also.

No comments:

Post a Comment