Sunday, April 24, 2011

Professional Qualities of my dream job

My dream job would be to work as a full time art teacher in at any level, truly. I enjoy every age group and I would like to spend my teaching career at every level, hopefully. My dream job would be at a medium sized school, maybe even in a smaller town for my first year teaching. This would give me a chance to feel confident in my role as a teacher, if it were a smaller population of students I might feel less intimidated. I would like to have comfortable working relationships with the other teachers and staff at my school so that we would have the opportunity to collaborate on some projects. I hope that my principle has a love for the arts and will support my artistic goals for the students. Most of all I want to work in a school that is easy-going and welcoming.
If I were really talking about my dream job however, I might add a few things to my classroom that I would love to have in case my school could offer other courses. I would love to have an entire darkroom attached to my classroom. But I know this will probably never happen unless I were teaching an art history course now :-( it would be so fun for me to teach a film photography/darkroom class. I would love to have a full lab of computers so I could at least do some digital photography/graphic desgin with my students and teach them Photoshop editing as well. I would love to have large drawing tables and a place on campus my students could go draw outside when the weather is nice. It would be nice to have access to multiple types of painting and printmaking and if I'm really dreaming, I would love to have a metal-working studio.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of starting at a smaller school. I feel the same way... I think it would be an easier transition.

    ReplyDelete