Sunday, January 30, 2011

E-portfolio-standard A

One of my most influential classes was with my photography and yearbook teacher in high school. She was going on maternity leave and her substitute had little knowledge of art or photography. She asked me and two other students to split up her classes so that we could end up teaching her classes for her because we knew the material well enough. The expectations were high and yet she felt confident enough in our ability that she was comfortable letting us take charge of her classes. I think because we felt she trusted us, we all were successful teaching and managing the classroom.

The expectations for my student teaching are also high. My cooperating teachers expect a lot of me and are asking me to really jump into teaching because in their opinion it is the best way to learn how to be a teacher. Half of my responsibilities at school require me to analyze student work and be able to help them understand whatever they are working on in their classes. The other half requires me to be aware of student behavior and be on guard for students who misbehave or are inappropriate. The expectations are high for both of these responsibilities because learning how to teach successfully involves being able to do these things simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment