Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reflection

Transitioning to Teacher
The most daunting think about becoming a teacher is having to truly become and adult. I feel I lack confidence and I worry I won't be successful. I also worry I won't have confidence in my teaching and I know I need to feel in charge of my classroom, especially when it comes to classroom management.

Pivitol Event
I always knew I loved art, I loved photography and I enjoyed teaching it when I did it for my high school teacher's maternity leave. I went to school for art and I still found myself teaching to other students in my classes who needed some help with their work. I decided to become a teacher when I realized that was what I really wanted to do. I'd changed my major a couple of times because after working as a photographer I realized that the business side of photography wasn't the right fit for me and that I was actually meant to be an art teacher all along.

Wardrobe
I have always been able to dress up, so transitioning to dress clothes isn't going to be too difficult. However I need to dress in a way that makes me look more mature and also implies authority (think clicky heels). I think Rachel has talked about many ways to set yourself apart from your students.

Adding to my wardrobe
I need to buy a suit jacket for job searches and job fairs, so I definatetly need to buy that. I would also like to find a pencil skirt, a quintessential piece of clothing in a fashionable teacher's wardrobe. It will help me to be able to look the part of a confident stylish teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment